Yes. The Electronic Mass Claims Filing System is available to employers during a temporary mass lay-off. Employee information provided by the employer, allows the DES to file an initial or renewed unemployment claim on behalf of employees quickly and efficiently. An employer can participate in a mass claim filing if they meet the eligibility requirements below:
- The lay-off must be due to a lack of work;
- The lay-off must be less than eight weeks in duration;
- An employee is not on a leave of absence;
- The employee is not receiving pay; for example, sick pay, vacation pay, family medical leave pay, etc.
- For more information about the Mass Claims Filing System and how you, as an employer, can file a mass claim for your employees, please visit labor.mo.gov/mass-claims.