The Missouri Department of Labor is implementing a process for eligible claimants to apply for potential waiver of the recovery of non-fraud federal pandemic program unemployment benefit overpayments, paid under the CARES Act. This is limited to FPUC, PUA, PEUC, MEUC and LWA. Non-fraud overpayments under these CARES Act programs will be eligible for potential waiver even if they have been partially or fully repaid.
Overpayments of Regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Extended Benefits (EB), and those resulting from claimant fraud ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR WAIVER OF RECOVERY.
If you have an overpayment that is eligible for potential waiver of recovery, you will receive a notice by the end of July that includes eligible overpayments and instructions on how to apply. Division representatives do not have any additional information at this time.
After June 12, 2021, the benefits through federal unemployment programs (including FPUC, PUA, PEUC and MEUC) are no longer available in Missouri. The Division of Employment Security will continue to process any pending weeks claimed through the week ending June 12, 2021, under these federal programs. These weeks will continue to be processed, and benefits will be paid if found eligible. Individuals cannot continue to draw from any federal pandemic unemployment program after June 12, 2021 even if the claim still shows a balance greater than zero.
Due to extremely high call volumes, the Missouri Access card provider is experiencing longer than normal wait times to answer calls. If you need to check the balance on your MoAccess debit card, ask how to use the card, or have any other card-related questions, you can access your card account information at www.mo-access.com. If you need to check the status of your unemployment claim, please access UInteract.labor.mo.gov. UInteract can quickly give you information about the status of your claim, weekly payments, claim balance, and much more.
For Employers: If you are an employer and need more information on the services available through the Missouri Division of Employment Security (DES), please click:
- Filing a Contribution & Wage Report
- Shared Work Program - a lay-off aversion program
- Filing a Mass Claim – Expedite filing multiple claims on behalf of your employees
- Tax representatives are available to assist employers by phone Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM by calling 573-751-1995.
- Click here to submit a request.
- If this is your first time filing for unemployment, please read our Information for Workers brochure and watch this video on unemployment basics. You can also visit our video library for more information at labor.mo.gov/des/videos.
- Visit UInteract to file for unemployment and access our video gallery at uinteract.labor.mo.gov, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Click here to submit a request.
Regional Claims Center representatives are available by phone Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM by calling:
Jefferson City 573-751-9040
Kansas City 816-889-3101
St. Louis 314-340-4950
Outside Local Calling Area 800-320-2519
UInteract (uinteract.labor.mo.gov) is an easy to use mobile-friendly online Unemployment Insurance application that is available to workers and employers 24/7. Ninety percent of claimants are able to file online, without assistance.
If you need more information on Unemployment Insurance: